Prof. Jian-Wei Pan, born in Mar, 1970, is a full professor of physics at the University of Science and Technology of China. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in 1999 from the University of Vienna. In 2011, he was elected as the academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). In 2011, he was appointed as the chief scientist of the quantum science experiments satellite. In 2012, he was elected as TWAS Fellow. In 2014, he was appointed as the director of the CAS Center for Excellence in Quantum Information and Quantum Physics.
The research of Prof. Jian-Wei Pan focuses on quantum information and quantum foundations. As one of pioneers in experimental quantum information science, he has accomplished a series of profound achievements, which has brought him worldwide fame. Due to his numerous progresses on quantum communication and multi-photon entanglement manipulation, quantum information science has become one of the most rapidly developing fields of physical science in China in recent years. His work in the field of quantum information and quantum communication has been recognized by Nature as “features of the year 2012” and “the science events that shaped the year 2016 and 2017”, by Science as “Breakthrough of the Year 1998”, by the American Physical Society websites as “The top physics stories of the year” (six times), and by the Physics World, Institute of Physics as “Highlights of the year” (six times). Within China, his work has been selected for eleven times as “The Top Ten Annual Scientific and Technological Progresses in China”.
- Error-Disturbance Trade-off in Sequential Quantum Measurements. Physical Review Letters 122, 090404 (2019).
- Experimental demonstration of non-bilocality with truly independent sources and strict locality constraints. Nature Photonics 13, 687 (2019).
- Experimental Twin-Field Quantum Key Distribution through Sending or Not Sending. Physical Review Letters 123, 100505 (2019).
- LED-based fiber quantum key distribution : toward low-cost applications. Photonics Research 7, (2019).
- Observation of Interference between Resonant and Detuned Creation of 23 Na 40 K Molecules. Physical Review Letters 122, 253201 (2019).
- Observing Topological Charges and Dynamical Bulk-Surface Correspondence with Ultracold Atoms. Physical Review Letters 123, 190603 (2019).
- Propagation and Localization of Collective Excitations on a 24-Qubit Superconducting Processor. Physical Review Letters 123, 1-6 (2019).
- Quantum Coherence Witness with Untrusted Measurement Devices. Physical Review Letters 123, 90502 (2019).
- Quantum Interference between Light Sources Separated by 150 Million Kilometers. PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS 080401, 1-7 (2019).
- Quantum Teleportation in High Dimensions. Physical Review Letters 123, 070505 (2019).