Prof. Jian-Wei Pan, born in Mar, 1970, is a full professor of physics at the University of Science and Technology of China. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in 1999 from the University of Vienna. In 2011, he was elected as the academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). In 2011, he was appointed as the chief scientist of the quantum science experiments satellite. In 2012, he was elected as TWAS Fellow. In 2014, he was appointed as the director of the CAS Center for Excellence in Quantum Information and Quantum Physics.
The research of Prof. Jian-Wei Pan focuses on quantum information and quantum foundations. As one of pioneers in experimental quantum information science, he has accomplished a series of profound achievements, which has brought him worldwide fame. Due to his numerous progresses on quantum communication and multi-photon entanglement manipulation, quantum information science has become one of the most rapidly developing fields of physical science in China in recent years. His work in the field of quantum information and quantum communication has been recognized by Nature as “features of the year 2012” and “the science events that shaped the year 2016 and 2017”, by Science as “Breakthrough of the Year 1998”, by the American Physical Society websites as “The top physics stories of the year” (six times), and by the Physics World, Institute of Physics as “Highlights of the year” (six times). Within China, his work has been selected for eleven times as “The Top Ten Annual Scientific and Technological Progresses in China”.
- Secure quantum key distribution with realistic devices. Reviews of Modern Physics 92, 025002 (2020).
- Long-distance transmission of quantum key distribution coexisting with classical optical communication over weakly-coupled few-modefiber. Optics Express 28, (2020).
- Entanglement of two quantum memories via fibres over dozens of kilometres. Nature 578, 240-245 (2020).
- Quantum-Teleportation-Inspired Algorithm for Sampling Large Random Quantum Circuits. Physical Review Letters 124, 080502 (2020).
- Quantum Beat between Sunlight and Single Photons. Nano Letters 20, 152 (2020).
- Experimental random-party entanglement distillation via weak measurement. Physical Review Research 2, 1-9 (2020).
- Experimentally Verified Approach to Nonentanglement-Breaking Channel Certification. Physical Review Letters 124, 1-6 (2020).
- Implementation of quantum key distribution surpassing the linear rate-transmittance bound. Nature Photonics 14, 422-425 (2020).
- InGaAs/InP single-photon detectors with 60\% detection efficiency at 1550 nm. Review of Scientific Instruments 91, (2020).
- Multiphoton Graph States from a Solid-State Single-Photon Source. ACS Photonics 7, 1603-1610 (2020).