Prof. Jian-Wei Pan, born in Mar, 1970, is a full professor of physics at the University of Science and Technology of China. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in 1999 from the University of Vienna. In 2011, he was elected as the academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). In 2011, he was appointed as the chief scientist of the quantum science experiments satellite. In 2012, he was elected as TWAS Fellow. In 2014, he was appointed as the director of the CAS Center for Excellence in Quantum Information and Quantum Physics.
The research of Prof. Jian-Wei Pan focuses on quantum information and quantum foundations. As one of pioneers in experimental quantum information science, he has accomplished a series of profound achievements, which has brought him worldwide fame. Due to his numerous progresses on quantum communication and multi-photon entanglement manipulation, quantum information science has become one of the most rapidly developing fields of physical science in China in recent years. His work in the field of quantum information and quantum communication has been recognized by Nature as “features of the year 2012” and “the science events that shaped the year 2016 and 2017”, by Science as “Breakthrough of the Year 1998”, by the American Physical Society websites as “The top physics stories of the year” (six times), and by the Physics World, Institute of Physics as “Highlights of the year” (six times). Within China, his work has been selected for eleven times as “The Top Ten Annual Scientific and Technological Progresses in China”.
- Entanglement-free witnessing of quantum incompatibility in a high-dimensional system. Physical Review Research 3, 023017 (2021).
- Experimental simulation of time and frequency transfer via an optical satellite–ground link at 10 -18 instability. Optica 8, 471 (2021).
- Heralded Nondestructive Quantum Entangling Gate with Single-Photon Sources. Physical Review Letters 126, 140501 (2021).
- High-powered optical superlattice with robust phase stability for quantum gas microscopy. Optics Express 29, 13876 (2021).
- Measurement-Device-Independent Verification of a Quantum Memory. Physical Review Letters 127, 160502 (2021).
- Cavity-Enhanced Atom-Photon Entanglement with Subsecond Lifetime. Physical Review Letters 126, 090501 (2021).
- Emulating Quantum Teleportation of a Majorana Zero Mode Qubit. Physical Review Letters 126, 1-7 (2021).
- Experimental Quantum Key Distribution Secure Against Malicious Devices. Physical Review Applied 15, 034081 (2021).
- Non–line-of-sight imaging over 1.43 km. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1-7 (2021).
- Security Analysis of Quantum Key Distribution with Small Block Length and Its Application to Quantum Space Communications. Physical Review Letters 126, 100501 (2021).