Prof. Jian-Wei Pan, born in Mar, 1970, is a full professor of physics at the University of Science and Technology of China. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in 1999 from the University of Vienna. In 2011, he was elected as the academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). In 2011, he was appointed as the chief scientist of the quantum science experiments satellite. In 2012, he was elected as TWAS Fellow. In 2014, he was appointed as the director of the CAS Center for Excellence in Quantum Information and Quantum Physics.
The research of Prof. Jian-Wei Pan focuses on quantum information and quantum foundations. As one of pioneers in experimental quantum information science, he has accomplished a series of profound achievements, which has brought him worldwide fame. Due to his numerous progresses on quantum communication and multi-photon entanglement manipulation, quantum information science has become one of the most rapidly developing fields of physical science in China in recent years. His work in the field of quantum information and quantum communication has been recognized by Nature as “features of the year 2012” and “the science events that shaped the year 2016 and 2017”, by Science as “Breakthrough of the Year 1998”, by the American Physical Society websites as “The top physics stories of the year” (six times), and by the Physics World, Institute of Physics as “Highlights of the year” (six times). Within China, his work has been selected for eleven times as “The Top Ten Annual Scientific and Technological Progresses in China”.
- Robust Self-Testing of Multiparticle Entanglement. Phys. Rev. Lett. 127, 230503 (2021).
- Quantum-dot single-photon sources for the quantum internet. Nature Nanotechnology 16, 2019-2021 (2021).
- Phase-Programmable Gaussian Boson Sampling Using Stimulated Squeezed Light. Physical Review Letters 127, 180502 (2021).
- Quantum computational advantage via 60-qubit 24-cycle random circuit sampling. Science Bulletin (2021). doi:10.1016/j.scib.2021.10.017
- Strong quantum computational advantage using a superconducting quantum processor. Physical Review Letters 127, 180501 (2021).
- Realization of High-Fidelity Controlled-Phase Gates in Extensible Superconducting Qubits Design with a Tunable Coupler. Chinese Physics Letters 38, 100301 (2021).
- All optical metropolitan quantum key distribution network with post-quantum cryptography authentication. Optics Express 29, 25859 (2021).
- Experimental Quantum Generative Adversarial Networks for Image Generation. Physical Review Applied 16, 1-20 (2021).
- Improved Spatial Resolution Achieved by Chromatic Intensity Interferometry. Physical Review Letters 127, 103601 (2021).
- Directly Measuring a Multiparticle Quantum Wave Function via Quantum Teleportation. Physical Review Letters 127, 1-5 (2021).