Professor Youjin Deng received his master degree from Beijing Normal University, and his PhD from Delft University of Technology in 2004 under the supervision of Prof. Henk W.J. Bloete. Since then, he worked at New York University with Prof. A.D. Sokal and Heidelberg University with Prof. Jian-Wei Pan. Since 2009, he has been a full professor at University of Science and Technology of China. He was an adjunct professor of UMass Amherst from 2010 to 2015, and promoted to be an adjunct professor in 2016.
His research interests include “Monte Carlo method”, “phase transitions and critical phenomena”, and quantum simulation theory. He has coauthored more than 100 peer-reviewed articles, including Science (1), Nature (1), Nature Physics (1), Nature Photonics (1), Physical Review Letters (18), Physical Review X (1), Nuclear Physics B (6), and Physical Review A-E (60) etc. His research activities receive support from Ministry of Science and Technology and National Science Foundation of China.
- Universal Dynamical Scaling of Quasi-Two-Dimensional Vortices in a Strongly Interacting Fermionic Superfluid. Physical Review Letters 126, 185302 (2021).
- Realization of an ideal Weyl semimetal band in a quantum gas with 3D spin-orbit coupling. Science 372, 271-276 (2021).
- Extended Coulomb liquid of paired hardcore boson model on a pyrochlore lattice. Physical Review Research 2, 042022 (2020).
- Pseudo-time-reversal-symmetry-protected topological Bogoliubov excitations of Bose-Einstein condensates in optical lattices. Physical Review A 102, 43323 (2020).
- Worm-algorithm-type simulation of the quantum transverse-field Ising model. Physical Review B 102, 094101 (2020).
- Complete graph and Gaussian fixed-point asymptotics in the five-dimensional Fortuin-Kasteleyn Ising model with periodic boundaries. Physical Review E 102, 022125 (2020).
- Cooling and entangling ultracold atoms in optical lattices. Science 369, 550-553 (2020).
- Two-Scale Scenario of Rigidity Percolation of Sticky Particles. Physical Review Letters 124, 255501 (2020).
- History-dependent percolation on multiplex networks. National Science Review 7, 1296 (2020).
- Extended Crossover from a Fermi Liquid to a Quasiantiferromagnet in the Half-Filled 2D Hubbard Model. Physical Review Letters 124, 017003 (2020) (2020).