Bo Zhao is a professor of physics of University of Science and Technology of China. He got the Bachelor degree (2001) and Master degree (2005) in University of Science and Technology of China. He got the PhD degree in Heidelberg University, Germany in 2008. Bo Zhao has been working on quantum memory, quantum repeaters, Rydberg atoms, and polar molecules for more than ten years. He proposed a robust quantum repeater scheme with atomic ensembles and linear optics, and demonstrated the first millisecond quantum memory with atomic ensembles, and proposed an efficient method to cool polar molecules with Rydberg atoms. His current research interests are ultracold gases, ultracold molecules and ultracold chemistry. He has published more than 30 papers, including Nature (1), Nature Physics (4), Nature Photonics (2), Physical Review Letters (10), and these papers have been cited for about 1300 times.
- Collision Resonances between Ultracold Atom and Molecules Visualized for the First Time
- Evidence for the association of triatomic molecules in ultracold 23Na40K + 40K mixtures. Nature 602, 229-233 (2022).
- Observation of magnetically tunable Feshbach resonances in ultracold 23Na40K + 40K collisions. Science 363, 261-264 (2019).
- Observation of Interference between Resonant and Detuned Creation of 23 Na 40 K Molecules. Physical Review Letters 122, 253201 (2019).
- Feshbach Loss Spectroscopy in an Ultracold 23Na and 40K Mixture. Physical Review A 96, 062705 (2017).
- Controlled state-to-state atom-exchange reaction in an ultracold atom–dimer mixture. Nature Physics 13, 699 (2017).
- Experimental nested purification for a linear optical quantum repeater. Nature Photonics 11, 695-699 (2017).
- Two-Hierarchy Entanglement Swapping for a Linear Optical Quantum Repeater. Physical Review Letters 119, 1-6 (2017).
- Demonstration of interferometric atom-pattern engineering via Rabi oscillations. Physical Review A 93, 033837 (2016).
- Operating Spin Echo in the Quantum Regime for an Atomic-Ensemble Quantum Memory. Physical Review Letters 115, 133002 (2015).
- Experimental realization of a concatenated Greenberger-Horne-Zeilinger state for macroscopic quantum superpositions. Nature Photonics 8, 364-368 (2014).