Prof. Jian-Wei Pan, born in Mar, 1970, is a full professor of physics at the University of Science and Technology of China. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in 1999 from the University of Vienna. In 2011, he was elected as the academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). In 2011, he was appointed as the chief scientist of the quantum science experiments satellite. In 2012, he was elected as TWAS Fellow. In 2014, he was appointed as the director of the CAS Center for Excellence in Quantum Information and Quantum Physics.
The research of Prof. Jian-Wei Pan focuses on quantum information and quantum foundations. As one of pioneers in experimental quantum information science, he has accomplished a series of profound achievements, which has brought him worldwide fame. Due to his numerous progresses on quantum communication and multi-photon entanglement manipulation, quantum information science has become one of the most rapidly developing fields of physical science in China in recent years. His work in the field of quantum information and quantum communication has been recognized by Nature as “features of the year 2012” and “the science events that shaped the year 2016 and 2017”, by Science as “Breakthrough of the Year 1998”, by the American Physical Society websites as “The top physics stories of the year” (six times), and by the Physics World, Institute of Physics as “Highlights of the year” (six times). Within China, his work has been selected for eleven times as “The Top Ten Annual Scientific and Technological Progresses in China”.
- Free-space quantum key distribution in urban daylight with the SPGD algorithm control of a deformable mirror. Optics Express 26, 18897 (2018).
- High-contrast transparency comb of the electromagnetically-induced-transparency memory. Physical Review A 98, 033802 (2018).
- High-Speed Device-Independent Quantum Random Number Generation without a Detection Loophole. Physical Review Letters 120, 010503 (2018).
- Highly Controllable and Robust 2D Spin-Orbit Coupling for Quantum Gases. Physical Review Letters 121, 150401 (2018).
- Integrating quantum key distribution with classical communications in backbone fiber network. Optics Express 26, 6010 (2018).
- Large scale quantum key distribution: challenges and solutions [Invited]. Optics Express 26, 24260 (2018).
- Magnetic-enhanced modulation transfer spectroscopy and laser locking for 87 Rb repump transition. Optics Express 26, 27773 (2018).
- Miniaturized high-frequency sine wave gating InGaAs/InP single-photon detector. Review of Scientific Instruments 89, 123104 (2018).
- Observation of Topologically Protected Edge States in a Photonic Two-Dimensional Quantum Walk. Physical Review Letters 121, 100502 (2018).
- Phase amplification in optical interferometry with weak measurement. Physical Review A 97, 033851 (2018).