Professor Youjin Deng received his master degree from Beijing Normal University, and his PhD from Delft University of Technology in 2004 under the supervision of Prof. Henk W.J. Bloete. Since then, he worked at New York University with Prof. A.D. Sokal and Heidelberg University with Prof. Jian-Wei Pan. Since 2009, he has been a full professor at University of Science and Technology of China. He was an adjunct professor of UMass Amherst from 2010 to 2015, and promoted to be an adjunct professor in 2016.
His research interests include “Monte Carlo method”, “phase transitions and critical phenomena”, and quantum simulation theory. He has coauthored more than 100 peer-reviewed articles, including Science (1), Nature (1), Nature Physics (1), Nature Photonics (1), Physical Review Letters (18), Physical Review X (1), Nuclear Physics B (6), and Physical Review A-E (60) etc. His research activities receive support from Ministry of Science and Technology and National Science Foundation of China.
- Coupled dipole oscillations of a mass-imbalanced Bose-Fermi superfluid mixture. Physical Review B 97, 020506 (2018).
- Highly Controllable and Robust 2D Spin-Orbit Coupling for Quantum Gases. Physical Review Letters 121, 150401 (2018).
- Precision mapping the topological bands of 2D spin-orbit coupling with microwave spin-injection spectroscopy. Science Bulletin 63, 1464-1469 (2018).
- Uncover Topology by Quantum Quench Dynamics. Physical Review Letters 121, 250403 (2018).
- Adaptive multi-GPU Exchange Monte Carlo for the 3D Random Field Ising Model. Computer Physics Communications 205, 48-60 (2016).
- Emergent O(n) symmetry in a series of three-dimensional Potts models. Physical Review B 94, 104402 (2016).
- Equivalent-neighbor Potts models in two dimensions. Physical Review E 94, 052103 (2016).
- Ground-state phase diagram of the repulsive fermionic t−t′ Hubbard model on the square lattice from weak coupling. Physical Review B 94, 085106 (2016).
- No-Enclave Percolation Corresponds to Holes in the Cluster Backbone. Physical Review Letters 117, 185701 (2016).
- Observation of Coupled Vortex Lattices in a Mass-Imbalance Bose and Fermi Superfluid Mixture. Physical Review Letters 117, 145301 (2016).