Zhen-Sheng Yuan, born in July of 1976, is now professor of physics at the Hefei National Laboratory of Physical Sciences at the Microscale. He received a BSc in 1998 and a PhD in 2003 both from the University of Science and Technology of China. During 2006 to 2011, he had been working at the Heidelberg University as a PostDoc, an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, and a senior scientist (when he was a CoPI of a couple of projects) successively. He was appointed professor of physics at USTC in 2011.
His research field is quantum manipulation of light and cold atoms. Highlights of his research achievements include the experimental demonstration of a quantum repeater node and the manipulation of atomic spin entanglements in optical lattices. He has more than 40 publications in peer-reviewed journals including Nature, Nature Physics, and Phys. Rev. Lett (see google scholar: https://scholar.google.com.hk/citations?hl=en&user=3T3dFmsAAAAJ). He is the principle investigator of a NNSFC key project, a key project of MOST.
- Observation of gauge invariance in a 71-site Bose–Hubbard quantum simulator. Nature 587, 392-396 (2020).
- Cooling and entangling ultracold atoms in optical lattices. Science 369, 550-553 (2020).
- Quantum criticality and the Tomonaga-Luttinger liquid in one-dimensional Bose gases. Physical Review Letters 119, 165701 (2017).
- Geometrical characterization of reduced density matrices reveals quantum phase transitions in many-body systems. Science China Physics, Mechanics \& Astronomy 60, 060331 (2017).
- Spin-dependent optical superlattice. Physical Review A 96, 011602 (2017).
- Four-body ring-exchange interactions and anyonic statistics within a minimal toric-code Hamiltonian. Nature Physics 13, 1195-1200 (2017).
- Generation and detection of atomic spin entanglement in optical lattices. Nature Physics 12, 783-787 (2016).
- Quantum teleportation between remote atomic-ensemble quantum memories. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 109, 20347-20351 (2012).
- Transverse mode revival of a light-compensated quantum memory. Physical Review A 83, 063420 (2011).
- Preparation and storage of frequency-uncorrelated entangled photons from cavity-enhanced spontaneous parametric downconversion. Nature Photonics 5, 628 (2011).